Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Stadium Sultan Mizan Zainal Abidin's Roof Collapse... FInally...

Based on latest reports I received, the roof collapsed at 7.30am, 2nd June 2009 without any wind, storm, tsunami nor earthquake... 1 Perdoua Kancil and 4 motorcycles is the only victim. No other casualties reported. I'm still waiting for the pictures from my parents in Terengganu... hopefully they'll come in soon so I can have them in here...

So far, this news only appear in blogs and Berita Harian Online (from what I know). No root cause has been determined so far yet only few speculation from me (and supported by few others) which could be the most valid the true cause of this incident.

  1. The root cause is the weakness either in structural integrity or material defects. It is however, 7 months before this incident (early December 2008) the roof (the one that collapsed already) have few noticable deformation. Few broken supports noticed. Probably due to rush works to catch up with SUKMA 2008, few defects and mistakes were ignored.
  2. The most important thing is, they got more than 6 months to rectify the problem yet at the end of April 2009, the problem is yet to be rectified. I saw them with my own eyes as I was at the stadium that time. So, why the problem hasn't been rectified when you already have more than 6 months before the roof collapsed???? Only they can answer the question...
Anyway, that's only my speculation. I am not an architect nor civil engineer... It's up to you either to believe, think, or dismiss my opinion. But still, 6 months?????

Hopefully more pictures will come in and I can show them here.

updated 2/6/09 2311hrs... picture came in and uploaded... these pictures are not faked...





2 comments:

Unknown said...

ha ha ha..

ada tau sape kontraktor buat stadium ni..?
bape kontrak dia dapat..?
sape yang tenderkan kontrak..?

ehh,
soalan2 diatas tu tak penting..
soalan utama: bape banyak duit rakyat dah kene tipu..?
duit tu masuk poket sape yek..?

master_red_lion said...

da msk poket deris separoh, separoh lg dpt kat mat said kot...

skang ni dua2 tgh jem kepala otak mikirkan benda alah ni... wakakakakakakakakakakaka...