Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Ending My Hiatus...

Yeahhhh.... it's been, errrr... is it ok if I'm saying I'm ending my hiatus??? it's only been few weeks... hahahaha... well, at least 2 weeks have passed since my last entry... just now I have a decent working laptop...

well, since last time my laptop got burned and the repair cost is more than 1k, I fetched my old laptop from home (for those who knows, yeah it's my Hyundai M-Life). This laptop have been giving it's best service since 2005 till 2010... five years already...

however, past few weeks since I get this laptop I've been stuggling to use this laptop as it can never give me the response I needed... I'm mad, I'm crazy, bebel xtentu hala, the only thing left to do is running outside and scream "aku gillleeeeeeeeeeeeeee" XD

Imagine this, even with classic theme it takes almost 1 minutes just to open a browser... My Computer takes nearly 30seconds... crazy rite??? At first I thought it was Windows consuming too much resources, but heck after I tried Ubuntu Karmic Koala thing gets even worse... it even hang up in the Ubuntu environment... stupid fella... then I figured my Mozilla Firefox is taking too much resources in Windows, then I tried Google Chrome... hell yeah, it gets a little bit better... however, things still stuck and slowly response to my every request...

well, then I figured... New version of softwares is all optimized for two-cores CPU while my laptop is single core Pentium M 1.6GHz... it never catch up with new software....

Thanks to filehippo.com, they still keep old software installers in their server... so, I downloaded old Mozilla Firefox, old YM8, and old Skype 2.5... all softwares are dated back up to 3 years back... hahahahahahahaha... Now, everything works like charm... no more slow response, no more hiccups...

Things Done:
= Remove IE8
= Remove Google Chrome
= Remove YM 9
= Remove Skype 3.8
= Install Mozilla Firefox 2.0
= Install Skype 2.5
= Install YM 8

Laptop Spec:
= Intel Pentium M 1.6GHz
= 256MB DDR RAM
= 40GB HDD

Lesson Learned:
= With such spec, dont even dream big to use latest software... They dont help no matter how fast they claim their software is... XD

3 comments:

wizard320 said...

aku gilerrrrrrrrrrrrr.... lol

master_red_lion said...

jadahnye jard???

wizard320 said...

sesajer ulang yg ko ckp tu.

however, past few weeks since I get this laptop I've been stuggling to use this laptop as it can never give me the response I needed... I'm mad, I'm crazy, bebel xtentu hala, the only thing left to do is running outside and scream >>>>>"aku gillleeeeeeeeeeeeeee"<<<<< XD

hehe~

jng mara.